RE: [Metastockusers] Subject: XP Upgrade

I’m not sure this is really true. There is a program, Virtual PC, which enables running windows programs on a MAC. A new version is to be released shortly for use on the MAC G-5 with dual 2.5 processors.

From: Harry M. Ward [mailto:hmw3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 5:21 PM
To: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Metastockusers] Subject: XP Upgrade

On 15 Oct 2004 20:50:49 -0000, "superfragalist" <jackolso@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>>You know Apple doesn't have any of these problems with their OS. You
>>could switch to a MAC. MS still wouldn't work, but at least your OS
>>is not porous.

If MS is the only (or one of the few) programs you require Windows
for, then you can get a program called "VIrtual PC" (I think that is
the name) to run on your Mac. Program execution is slower than when
Windows is your OS, but you do get around all of those other pesky
Windows related problems.

Walter Mossberg, columnist for the Wall Street Journal,  wrote a very
complementary column on the program in the Journal earlier this week.

Harry

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links