Re: [Metastockusers] moving average.......horizontal shift

: [Metastockusers] moving average.......horizontal shift

> "Horizontal Shift.  Enter the number of periods to shift the moving
> average.  For example, enter "5" to shift the moving average five
> periods to the right; enter "-5" to shift the moving average five
> periods to the left; etc."
>
> the above comes out of the MS ver 9.0 Help.
>
> I would appreciate someone explaining under what circumstances one
> would use the "Horizontal Shift" to the left and to the right.

"Horizontal shift" is the same as "displacement". The attachment is taken directly from the
September issue of MetaStock Tips & Tricks. I trust that the "Displacement" definition and the
associated Figure 2 helps explain the situation. If you do not receive emails from this group (and
therefore don't get the attachment) write to me at roy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and I will send you the
attachment directly.

Regards

Roy Larsen