From: Harry M. Ward [mailto:hmw3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 12:52 AM
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Subject: Linear Regression / Linear
Regression Slope Relationship

On 15 Aug 2004 13:27:05 -0000, Roy Larsen wrote:

Since I only pick up my E-mail once a day or so, I see you have
several other folks trying to provide a formlation. I didn't check to
see if their code made sense.

To answer your question: Yes---if you convert "b" to Metastock Code
you will have the correct slope for the Linear Regression formula.

Will that give you the same result as using linregslope ()? I have no
idea. As you have taught me several times, just because it is
programmed by Equis doesn't make it correct! I suggest you take a data
set and test it in Excel with the Excel formula I listed, and compare
that to the results you get from the Metastock formula.

If you need clarification of my math formulation, I can send you a
Word document with all the correct symbols!

Harry

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM