[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Linear Regression / Linear Regression Slope Relationship--Part 2

On 14 Aug 2004 13:57:04 -0000, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Tom has
>>demonstrated (if I understand his code correctly) that it's not necessary to cumulate anything from
>>bar one. A 21 period LR only needs the 21 most recent bars of data to calculate, surely. I reason
>>that LRS should not need any more bars than that either.

Roy:

I wrote my first post before I read this one.

How many time periods (i.e., x) you select is up to you. n is the
total number of time periods you select. y is the price (i.e., close).

There is no reason to calculate from the first bar unless you so
choose.

Harry

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM