[Metastockusers] Re: Bug in Manual Adjust

Hi Richard,

Good point, you are correct indeed. The same holds for percent test
on continuous data adjusted the way you suggest. In that case results
are meaningless.

My problem is specific. I have the choice of either point or percent
test in the software I use which discovers patterns from historical
data (APS v4.0 from www.tradingpatterns.com) and generates formula
code. I spoke to Mike Harris (developer of APS) and he suggested that
I use point test only on continuous adjusted futures and percent test
only on split adjusted stock data. Then, I tried to adjust some
futures contracts using the manual adjust of Metastock (v7.0 pro) and
there you go, I got meaningless results. I then found out the low was
not adjusting in the downloader manual adjust.

I guess I must upgrade my Metastock but I was always scared of doing
than thinking that I maybe be screwing things upt and losing my
systems. It seems I will have to do it now to have this bug corrected.

I will take a look at yout data service.

Regards,

Joe

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Richard Dale" <richard@xxxx>

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511