Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Exploration ?

Thanks for taking the time to respond..
I will test on a different machine and will cut down my "acitve" list.
thanks again
do you know anybody that runs MetaStock on linux? maybe using an m$
emulator

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jay T" <JaysTownsend@xxxx>
wrote:
> Yes, I think that will be pretty normal for an exploration of that
size on your computer.

> My MS 8.01 explorations are only on about 350-400 currently active
commodities and they run about 10-15 seconds at most under WinXP,
Intel P4 1.8 with 512 MB RAM.  When I ran the same explorations under
MS 7.0 on an Intel 333 mhz, 256 MB RAM, WinMe, they could run 6 or 7
minutes on up to 60 minutes and longer.  I think that you will find a
world of difference if you upgrade your computer to at least a 3.0
with 512 MB of RAM.  You can get that for about the same price as you
now pay for MS.