[Metastockusers] Re: MS System Tester vs TradeSim

Hani, MSST cannot handle specific prices (other than OHLC entry/exit)
within its compound equity calculation.

TradeSim can.  It has specific EntryPrice & ExitPrice variables that
it can use for both system trigger signals, and equity calculation.

jose

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Hani Mounir" <elmagd2000@xxxx>
wrote:
> Jose and all,
> my problem with MSST is that : I have specific values in  trade
execution ( open, high,low and close ). what if I need to use the
actual price when entry triggered (delay = zero ). How to do that?
> Is that the same in TradeSim?
>
> Thanks & regards,
> Hani

TradeSim
> 	is like comparing night & day.
>
> 	MSST is based on compound trades, and is buggy and difficult to
use.

> 	MSST doesn't take into account the trader's limited trading
account.
> 	You cannot go on trading after your capital is depleted.  MSST
keeps
> 	on backtesting after the most massive drawdowns.
>
> 	TradeSim considers entry & exit price slippage, testing on
restricted
> 	capital (i.e. real-life trading), drawdowns, and thorough Monte
Carlo
> 	testing and scatter plotting, just to mention the more
important