Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Back testing question

Luca

> does anyone know how to wirte the following backtesting formula:
>
> I want to sell short an xyz security (could be ndx or spx futures)
> when the RSI(14) of a different security (for exemple YHOO) is
> smaller than a certain treshold ( for exemple RSI(14)<30).
>
> Can anyone be of any help?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Luca

Depending on which version of MetaStock you have you can use either the Security() function for MS
Pro and MS 8.01 EOD, or the "P" variable for all versions except MS 8.0 Pro and EOD to achieve what
you want. How to use these tools is beyond the scope of this post but if you take the time to do a
little investigation, including reading the manual, you'll learn heaps.

Roy

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511