  From: <A
  title=mailto:adet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">on mobile
  To: <A
  title=mailto:Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2004 10:34
  PM
  Subject: Re: [Metastockusers] Futures /
  Options comparison
  A contract will be 100 units-----Original
  Message-----From: <<A title=mailto:uhehs@xxxxxxxx
  href="">uhehs@xxxxxxxx>Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004
  16:28:40 To:<<A title=mailto:Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Subject:
  RE: [Metastockusers] Futures / Options comparisonSo wait, I have a
  current quote on YM M4 as 10,296.Can you explain the logistics of how
  it cost per contract, etc.I assume $10,296 per contract?
  How about buying the minis?-----Original Message-----From:
  Jay T [mailto:JaysTownsend@xxxxxxx] Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 3:48
  PMTo: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [Metastockusers]
  Futures / Options comparisonA future contract is an
  option/contract to buy or sell.  An option on a future is an option on an
  option.Theoretically the price of a future contract is
  the current cash price, plus any storage cost (for hard futures) through to
  expiration, plus any interest charges that would be incurred if you had to
  borrow money to purchase the futures contract through to expiration.
  Some folks trade solely on the disparity between this theory and the price
  difference in the markets - a future to current price
  arbitrage.You can buy a June, September or December
  contract based on your predictions.  For hard commodities if you carry
  the contract through to the expiration date you take delivery of the goods
  (box car full of wheat on a wheat contract, for example). That isn't as bad as
  it sounds - they don't deliver it to your front door.  For financial
  futures you get your account credited or debited the difference in the value
  of the contract at the time of expiration vs. what you paid for it.  In
  financials it's really 'legal' Las Vegas time, in hard goods it's delivery
  time.Jay----- Original Message -----