Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Conversion Text File to Meta Stock Format

You can also use the windows clipboard to copy and paste the data
into the downloader.  Open the data in excel, then arrange the
columns in this order:

Date, Open, High, Low, Close, Volume, Open Interest

(obviously if you don't have Open or Open interest data leave them
out).  The date column should be in the format MM/DD/YYYY. To do this
select the entire column (click on the column heading to select the
whole column).  Next right click on the selected column, pick "Format
Cells" then click on the Custom category at the bottom of the list
and enter MM/DD/YYYY in the "type" box.

Then select all the cells you want, and just paste them into the grid
in the downloader.  If it's a lot of data it will take a few minutes
to handle the data, or you can do it a little bit at a time.

Dave

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Andrew S. Gibbons"
<andrew_gibbons@xxxx> wrote:
> It doesn't seem simple to me as I am also trying to do this.
>
> Is there anywhere that I can find an idiots step-by-step guide. I
> don't find the help menus on downloader to be that helpful
>
> Thanks
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dusant@xxxx" <dusant@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Rahi,
> > The downloader help file has the ASCII conversion format. All you
> need to do is to rearrange the data in the format required by
> downloader, in a spreadsheet like excel and then save it as a text
> file, using CSV (comma separated values) as the file type.
> > It is really simple.
> > Dusant
> > Chief Architect
> > http://www.candlestrength.com/