[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Is it possible to "manually" counting bars in MS?

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, murusprimus <no_reply@xxxx>
wrote:
> Using Cycle Lines does it for me. Wallace.

I am not aware of MetaStock directly supporting manually counting of
bars.

However, it could be done using a macro program, e.g. MacroExpress,
running in the background.  I use it with custom scripts I have
written to interface with MetaStock and do various things:
automatically scroll x-axis one bar to the right every R seconds (R
can be selected) to get a real-time feel for trade entries and
exits; switch between daily and weekly periods by pushing a defined
function key, etc.

I can see turning on the MetaStock x-y movable grid line controlled
by mouse (or arrow keys) and positioning it at the right bar of
interest and using the arrow key to move to the left bar of
interest.  The macro would be set to count the number of arrow key
pushes, i.e. the bars between the right and left bars of interest.
You could then use this measurement and insert it manually as you
see fit.  This would only work on a one chart at a time basis.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511