Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Weirdness in formula

Martin, You can add a small value to (H-L) : varA:= Abs(O-C)/(H-L+0.000001)); Pierre mlaporte99 a écrit: Hello, I have a custom formula, and one of its line is as follow: varA:= IF(H=L,0,Abs(O-C)/(H-L)); Basically, I want to make sure that there is a difference between High and Low on a given period before performing the calculation. My problem is that "Abs(O-C)/(H-L)" seems to get evaluated, even if H=L. If H=L, the final result will be accurate, *BUT* I will still get the "division by zero" error when opening the chart. Is there a workaround for this?  Maybe a way to "tell" MetaStock to not look at a piece of code that does not match a condition? Thanks! Martin Yahoo! Groups Links To visit your group on the web, go to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/equismetastock/  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.