Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] message when trying to open new chart

When I get that message in MS 8.0.1, MetaStock was running when the system
crashed/froze.  On restart, MS asks the question you indicate below about
whether MS was running and the system "abnormally terminated."  By pressing
"Yes" it restores the files and opens up.  I haven't had a problem with
restarting MS under these conditions.

If MS won't start, what you can do is to go into the file that MS is trying
to open using Windows Explorer, highlight the file and click on
properties.  Under Properties you will more than likely find that the
Attribute is Read Only (the little box by it has a green square in it, which
really means that was left open).  If you uncheck this box and and click on
Apply, it will change the status and allow MS to read it.  One other thing
that could be happening is that the program that created this file (Downloader,
other vendor) is either currently reading the file, in which case you don't wish
to change the attribute, or that the creating program crashed while creating
it.

Bottom line, what's causing the problem is the file attribute and you can
correct it with Windows Explorer.

Jay
<BLOCKQUOTE