[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Plotting weekly data on daily price

HI Roy,

U had been of much help in plotting the weekly 3 day sma on daily
prices. NOw that ive done that and it is working beautifully for me,
I tried copying the same on the lower time frma. viz 3 day sma of
high low on intraday charts. UNfortunately it is not so simple i
relaise. Have u done any work on this earlier.

Would be much obliged if u could help.

regards
Vinit

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hi Sam
>

> > Roy, I'm confused about this.....
> >
> >   {set 'F' to signal last bar of day}
> >
> > [I'm using a 60min interval chart.  And also, I want to plot this
on futures
> > charts, which show more bars than equities.]
>
> I forgot to change some comments to the relevant timeframe.
>
> What is important to grasp is that 'F' is for Friday (when known in
real time), ie the last bar in
> the longer timeframe for which you want the indicator to plot. If
your charts are 15 minutes and you
> want to plot an hourly signal then 'F' must be coded to be true for
the last 15 minute bar in the
> hour. I imagine this is Minute()=0. On EOD charts Fridays are
usually missing in short trading weeks
> and so Monday is used as a backup "end-of-week" signal to ensure
that only the proper data is
> included in each frame (week, day, hour, 20 minutes or whatever).
>
> In the same maner 'M' is for Monday and is used to signal the first
bar in the longer timeframe,
> presumable Minute()=15 on a 15 minute chart. You will know what
these values are because you are
> using the charts every day. I don't use thes charts and only have
one or two sample charts for
> testing.
>
> For intraday charts Monday and Friday are not relevant but exactly
the same principles apply as for
> weekly on daily chart indicators. Defining the first bar and the
last bar of the longer frame is
> critical, and this is what you must do with M and F variables. The
same principles apply to plotting
> differnt timeframes on any chart periodicy.
>
> If you need to plot on two different types of issues then make a
copy, name them differently, set

<v_bolinjkar@xxxx
> > > wrote:
> > > HI can any ine tellme how i can display the 3 day simple moving
> > > average of the high of weekly data on daily data. And the same
for
> > > the lows
> > > THanks in advance
> > >
> > > regards
> > > Vinit
> >

> >   _____
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> > *         To visit your group on the web, go to:
> >

> > *         To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
subject=Unsubscribe>

> > *         Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of