RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] RE: Signal Oscillator

Hi
Philip,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
here's
some code that I have been using to try and determine the strength of the
current trend.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Angl:=If(C<0.2,2.5,If(C<1,5,If(C<5,8,If(C<10,10,15))));MA:=Input("Period
for Angle MA",5,100,30);MASlope:=Sin(LinRegSlope( C,MA ))*100000>=
Angl;
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Here's
a quick explanation.
Angl -
is used to set the strength of the trend basd upon the price of the
security. What I found with this setup was that the lower the price of
the security the lower the number of the Angl required to determine trend
strength.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
This
has also been setup for the Australian markets where we have a lot of low priced
shares, if you are trading a market that has shares of much greater value then
you will need to modify this setup accordingly.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
MA -
Simply the period you want the trend strength to be determined over. The longer
the period you select the longer it will take before you can get a valid signal.

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<SPAN
class=838094121-27012004>MASlope - A boolean variable (True /
False) returning a true if the current trend is greater than or equal to
Angl.
<SPAN
class=838094121-27012004>
<SPAN
class=838094121-27012004>I hope this helps you in your
endeavours.
<SPAN
class=838094121-27012004>
<SPAN
class=838094121-27012004>Regards,
<SPAN
class=838094121-27012004>Tim.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>

-----Original Message-----From:
nic1973philip [mailto:nic1973philip@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, 27
January 2004 8:40 PMTo:
equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [EquisMetaStock Group] RE:
Signal Oscillator
hi,Do anyone have any idea
  on writing a program on Signal Oscillator that can really provide a
  accurate positive signal in uptrend and neagative signal in downtrend
  using sine/cosine/tangent wave or arc sine/arc cosine/arc tangent wave?
  that really reflex the price trend movment?I find that not every
  TA Oscillator work well in give
  signal.AppreciatePhilip

  Yahoo! Groups Links

    To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/equismetastock/

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
    href="">equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.