From: <sayakat@xxxxxxxx>
To: <Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 10:17 AM
Subject: Re: [Metastockusers] Digest Number 1003

> Richard or someone else with a developer's kit:
>
> Is there a way using the developer's kit, to clear the value of an indicator when the price goes
away from the level of the indicator. Let me clarify, in MS if you set an indicator that has direct
relation to the price like certain levels e.g. a formula that draws a line at the H,L,C of
yesterday, if the price is way away from those levels, e.g. it gaps up $2 today, then the chart is
squashed since MS tries to show all data including the indicator's. I wanted to create a formula
that shows the line only when it is within 10c of the price, this way MS adjust to the price rather
than all the indicator on that pane. In other words, the program would have to reset the variable
and recalculate when the price comes into range.

> Is this possible?
>
> Gus
>

> -- Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> There are 7 messages in this issue.
>
> Topics in this digest:
>
>       1. Re: MetaStock Developer's Kit
>            From: "Jim Fox" <elnanalo@xxxxxxxxx>
>       2. Import Excel Stock List into Metastock
>            From: "mickie_pitts" <jaguarvp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>       3. ###MOST USEFUL HYIP service!, Avoid Scams, make 1000%+ of your money###
>            From: Tim Wilson <hyiprofit2004@xxxxxxxxx>
>       4. Re: Import Excel Stock List into Metastock
>            From: Ron <ronber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>       5. XP and METASTOCK bug.
>            From: "swing72000" <azer789@xxxxxxx>
>       6. RE: XP and METASTOCK bug.
>            From: "Richard Dale" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>       7. Re: XP and METASTOCK bug.
>            From: "Dusant" <dusant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Message: 1
>    Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:51:36 -0000
>    From: "Jim Fox" <elnanalo@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: MetaStock Developer's Kit
>
> Thanks Richard,
>
> This is what I expected.  I'm surprised that MetaStock developers
> have not improved the way parameters are optimized at this late date.
> Since the advent of low priced computing, the field of Operations
> Research has produced many algorythms to speed up the process of
> finding global optimum solutions.  Single stepping through all
> possible combinations is low tech, at best!
>
> --Jim Fox
> p.s. My remarks refer to experience with MS 7.22.
>

> --- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Richard Dale" <richard@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Quick answer is "no".
> >
> > The way that the DLL-developed indicators work is that they work on
> all the
> > input data first (ie all the price/vol/oi info plus any variables
> you pass
> > into them).  When you work out what to return you basically create
> a loop
> > which returns a value for each day passed into the indicator.
> >
> > You only get the chance to set each result "once".
> >
> > Unless you can work around the optimisation capabilities of the
> system
> > tester then you won't get much additional use out of the MDK,
> although it
> > allows you to do some fairly creative things that the Metastock
> language
> > can't do without serious workarounds.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Richard Dale.
> > Norgate Investor Services
> > - Premium Quality Stock and Futures Data for
> >   Australian, Asian, European & US Markets -
> >  <http://www.premiumdata.net/> www.premiumdata.net
> >
> >   _____

1000%+ of your money quite quickly, please visit--

> www.hyiprofit.com
>

> _________________
> Tim Wilson
> Co-founder and director of communications
> HYIProfit

> [This message contained attachments]

> Message: 4
>    Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 21:48:18 -0500
>    From: Ron <ronber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Import Excel Stock List into Metastock
>
> The list must take one of two forms -
>
> a list of just tickers
> AAPL
> PEP
> MSFT
>
> or a list of in the form company name, ticker
> Apple Computer,AAPL
> Pepsico,PEP
> Microsoft,MSFT
>

> After creating the files you must change the extension to .sym. (from .txt)
>
> The file must be placed in the folder that holds the Downloader (e.g.
> C:\Programs/Equis/Downloader)
>

> mickie_pitts wrote:
>
> >I use the ICE Program to scan for stocks.  I then cut and paste the
> >symbols from ICE to excel.  Is there a way to import the symbol list
> >from Excel into a Metastock File?
> >

> >Yahoo! Groups Links

> >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

> Message: 5
>    Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 08:26:01 -0000
>    From: "swing72000" <azer789@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: XP and METASTOCK bug.
>
> Hi,
>
> I have install XP pro for 2 weeks and after I run "the explorer" ,if
> i will "open chart" (20 chart for exemple), sometimes it's ok and
> sometimes i have the message "MSWIN.EXE made an error..." and
> Metastock close and when i retry ,it's ok .
> Somebody have this problem and what is the solution ?
>
> Thanks.

> Message: 6
>    Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:39:27 +1100
>    From: "Richard Dale" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: RE: XP and METASTOCK bug.
>
> 1.    Try updating your Video Graphics drivers.
> 2.    If you have lots of indicators in your default template, try reducing
> the number of indicators.  Metastock used to have a bug whereby if it tried
> to open multiple charts, it would "reduce" the size of the chart window but
> if there were too many indicators it would crash.
> 3.    Which version of Metastock are you running?  Metastock v7.00 and v7.01
> had significant problems with Windows XP.
>
> Cheers,
> Richard Dale.
> Norgate Investor Services
> - Premium Quality Stock and Futures Data for
>   Australian, Asian, European & US Markets -
>  <http://www.premiumdata.net/> www.premiumdata.net
>

>   _____

patches and updates. Maybe that should help you.
> Dusant
> Chief Architect
> www.candlestrength.com

To visit your group on the web, go to: