[EquisMetaStock Group] Vidya substitute

Thanks to Henry [from various
Metastock Boards], I was introduced to Vidya Bands a few years back.

Over time, I have developed a system
whose signals incorporate moves above below a 5 period Vidya Band.

[If you never heard of a Vidya Bands
it is a 1% deviation from a Variable Moving Average.]

I am currently using my system on 60
minute and 10 minutes time frames.

It seems to work well for most
equities, but now that I am considering trading futures [Dow Mini’s for
example] I am encountering some problems.

The main problem being, something like
the Dow Mini doesn’t move more than 1% too often, so I don’t have a
reliable signal anymore.

I’m looking for any suggestions
on substitutes for the Vidya concept, but along the same principles?

Thanks all.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor