Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] (unknown)

repligenius

> I'm learning from zero to use Metastock.
>
> I'have two problems.
>
> 1) The "P" Data Array Identifier
>
> I read from the manual:"this may be useful if you want an indicator
> to calculate on a plot other than the chart's base security".
>
> My problem is this one. I've a normal chart (OHLC) and in a Inner
> window an indicator. I want to apply a moving average and to display
> the moving average in the same inner window of the indicator. If I
> write another indicator (mov(P,3,s)), the moving average drawn is the
> moving average of the close price and I don't understand why.

Unless an indicator is dropped directly on another indicator (indicator changes to purple) it will
default to the price plot. The indicator, plot or data array that is coloured purple is the one that
the drop-down indicator is going to relate to so it's important to position the cursor carefully
before releasing the mouse button.

> Instead of create a new indicator I tried to drop the standard "plot
> based" indicator moving average. I have the same result. the moving
> average drawn is not the moving average of my indicator but the
> moving average of the closing prices.

Same rules as above look for the purple plot and that's what your standard plot is going to be
applied to

> 2) modifying indicators
>
> when I have an indicator calculated and drawn with parameters which
> could be changed (example: a 3 day momentum), and I change this
> parameter (example: from 3 day to 5 day) my indicator change shape.
> All lied indicators (example: a moving average of the momentum) don't
> change automatically, remaining the old calculation with old
> parameters (3 day).Is there a method to produce an automatic change
> in lied indicators when I change parameters?

ONLY the DEFAULT values are passed to other indicators (or experts ,system tests and explorations).
Changing parameters using the Parameters window will only affect that particular indicator. You must
change the default value if you want that value to be made available elsewhere when called.

Roy

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511