[Metastockusers] Re: Custom Indicator and variable input

There are several ways to make an indicator more responsive to
market action, but you have to use variables to make that
statement,not an input value

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robin Hood" <robinhood@xxxx>
wrote:
> "Henry"... ops sorry :-)

cannot launch an indicator. We have to write the number of periods
we've found in the main indicator (so it's impossible to see
it "auto-adaptive"). However it's an interesting way even if not
direct.

>   rob.
>

>     Tushar Chande uses this method to filter out spikes in his cmo
>
>     momu:=If(C>Ref(C,-1),C-Ref(C,-1),0);
>     momd:=If(C<Ref(C,-1),Ref(C,-1)-C,0);
>     A1:=Stdev(momu,100);
>     A2:=Stdev(momd,100);