[EquisMetaStock Group] System Test in 8.0 set like prior versions

All,

This from JO who sends his best.

Preston,

Here's something I've found that might be useful to the members.
Please post it if you would like.

How do I run a simulation that will duplicate a System Test run in
versions of MetaStock prior to 8.0?
On the `General' tab of the System Editor, set `Order Bias' to Long
Orders. Set the `Portfolio Bias' to Single, and limit the number of
positions to 1.

On each of the order tabs (Buy Order, Sell Order, etc.), set the
order type to Market.

When setting up the Simulation, on the `Broker' tab of the System
Testing Options, set the `Short Initial' Margin Requirement to 200%,
the Short Maintenance to 101%, and the Commissions to `Points Per
Transaction'.

On the Trade Execution tab of the System Testing options, uncheck the
option titled `Realistic Market Prices' and designate the price and
delay for each order type.

 Please note that there may be a small discrepancy between the
results generated by the new Enhanced System Tester and those from
prior versions of MetaStock due to the new Enhanced System Tester not
trading fractional shares.

I've seen a lot of complaining about the 8.0 Systems Tester. Some
people think 7.20 is better. They should get approximately the same
results with this setting except for the fractional shares issue.

The boards have been very quite lately.

Happy Holidays

JO

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511