RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Stage 1 Code

Hi
Tim
<FONT face="Courier New"
size=2>
After
reading Stan Weinstein's book recently I searched everywhere for some suitable
MS code for Stage 1 but without success.
<FONT face="Courier New"
size=2>
However
after looking at many charts I then decided that what I really needed was to
identify securities at the beginning of Stage 2. I am still working on
this and so far have come up with:
<FONT face="Courier New"
size=2>
<FONT face="Courier New"
size=2>{First warning of a possible BUY position i.e. it is not a
BUY signal}
<FONT face="Courier New"
size=2>
<FONT face="Courier New"
size=2>Cross(CLOSE,Mov(CLOSE,150,W))
<FONT face="Courier New"
size=2>
{BUY
Signal}
<FONT
size=2>Buy:=  Fml( "#BUY1") AND Fml( "#BUY2") AND Fml( "#BUY3")
;BUY:= BUY AND
Alert(BUY=0,2);
<FONT face="Courier New"
size=2>BUY
<FONT face="Courier New"
size=2>
Where
<FONT face="Courier New"
size=2>
{BUY1} {WMA
rising}ROC(Mov(CLOSE,150,W),5,%)>0
<FONT face="Courier New"
size=2>
{Buy2} {Good
Comparative Relative Strength}ASX:= Security("C:\METASTOCK\UK\FT
Indices\ASX",CLOSE); {This is the UK FTSE All Share Index}
<FONT face="Courier New"
size=2>ROC(CLOSE/ASX,60,%)>0
<FONT face="Courier New"
size=2>
{#BUY3}
{Above recent resistant level}LookBack := 30;Resistance
:=ValueWhen(1,Cross(Mov(C, LookBack,S),C),HHV(HIGH, LookBack));BUY3:=
CLOSE>Resistance;BUY3
<FONT face="Courier New"
size=2>
In addition
to this he says that a breakout must be confirmed by higher than usual volume
activity so something like this is also needed ...
<FONT face="Courier New"
size=2>
<FONT
face="Courier New">Mov(VOLUME,5,S)>Ref(Mov(VOLUME,60,S),-5)
<SPAN
class=935002019-01122003>
I hope this
is of help.