size=2>Joe

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Tom Sprunger
  [mailto:tlsprunger@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003
  8:51 AMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Use of Security() Function in an
  IndicatorIf the Security function symbol data is in
  the same data folder as the chartyou are on your code should
  work.   However, if the data is in a differentfolder then you
  must put the entire windows path in.eg:adr:=("C:\MetaStock
  Data\index\x.nasd-a", C) /  ("C:\MetaStockData\index\x.nasd-d,C)
  ;adrtry putting in the entire path, subsituting the folder that
  has your data init.   One advantage of using the full path is
  that you can then plot theindicator on any security in any
  folder.Tom----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Dupcak"
  <jdupcak@xxxxxxxxxxx>To:
  <equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 8:23
  PMSubject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Use of Security() Function in an
  Indicator> As a learning experience, I am attempting to use the
  Security function inan> indicator.  For starts, I am trying to
  develop an indicator thatcalculates> the NASD advance decline ratio
  using the following code:>> adr:=
  Security("x.nasd-a",C)/Security("x.nasd-d",C);> adr>>
  When I try to apply the indicator I get an error message "No data
  existsfor> requested data range in Security() function..."
  I've check the loadoption> for Periods and made sure I used the
  same number of periods (2000) for the> base security as well as for
  x.nasd-a and x.nasd-d.  I have checked the> manual but it doesn't
  give me any clues.  I am using MS Version 8.01 EOD.> Is there
  anyone who has solved how to use the Security function?
  Thankyou> for your help.>>
  email to:>
  equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>>>
  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>>>To
  to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor