Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] JO and Postings

Hi Folks,

I think the "mambo-chabo" mix of members for such a forum is good.  But to have this, tolerance is vital.  If you think you could run an extra mile or two for somebody, it is good, please do so.  If you think you could run a few more miles, that is even better.  But if by running the few more miles, you get too upset, don't run the few more miles, keep to the one or two (extra miles).  Give until it hurts but if it hurts too much, stop.  Maybe at some other times, you could run or give more.

Having said the above, I think everyone should know it takes, often, a lot of time and effort to reply to the issues/questions raised in the forum.  Many of us have our own other things to take care of.

As to the "stupid/easy/lazyman" posts that we have to read/go through, and sometimes caused our e-mail space quotas being exceeded, things like that, we just have to give and take.  We all go through phases in life/learning things.  Some rules/guidelines may help.  In fact, although time and again I failed to adhere, I think rules/guidelines are VERY IMPORTANT, especially in trading.  If you repeatedly violate rules/guidelines, whether set up by yourselves or others, you are bound to "crash"/get reprimanded one day.  So,  little reminders such as those seen in recent days are good and should be taken in good spirit.

It takes time and effort just to pen this reply.

Anthony Chiajpatterson97 <jpatterson97@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I really appreciate all that JO has contributed and will take anything he has to contribute in any method he chooses.I just joined this forum yesterday so I haven't had time to go through the archives.  I have been a member of the other Yahoo Metastock forum for the past few months.  I have been trading just over a year and will describe how JO posts have helped me.His Metastock Pluggin reviews are invaluable.  The trading systems he and other have given us and the steps he took in designing them are very educational.  Just about all of his posts have valuable information that should be read and seriously explored.  I bought the following pluggins recommended by JO:  Maridome and ICE.JO described how much he liked Maridome pluggin and data and also mentioned a few authors that used
 Sentimental Analysis.  I bought a book by one of the authors ("Big Trends in Trading" by Price Headley) and bought the Maridome pluggin.  I read the book, plotted some of the sentimental indicators in a chart with the major indices and then studied how well the indicators anticipated what the market was going to do.  Just from one market reversal anticipated by the sentimental indicators I made some very profitable trades that easily paid for the pluggin and the data subscription for a year.  This all took place during the 30 day trial period.  I now use Maridome data every day before considering a trade.  I probably wouldn't have tried the pluggin or have bought the Headley book if JO didn't mention it in his post.I bought and downloaded the ICE pluggin after JO's review of it.  I got the same incomplete manual that a lot of people have complained about.  However, I could see the
 benefit of a pluggin that helps you nail trade entries.  Normalizing indicators and using a common exit for all systems seems like a very logical way of comparing indicators for trade entries only.  (Getting Metastock system tester to exit the way I wanted to with trailing stops has been very frustrating, so I have not done a lot of system building yet.)I followed the third approach in the ICE manual which was to test many systems against a single security.  I made a list of stock and EFTs that I like to trade.  I followed the steps in the ICE manual for each stock.  ICE told me which indicators works best for that particular stock or EFT.  (I didn't really care what the code for the system were, I just wanted to see a relative comparison of the indicators.)  I then added the top indicators to a chart for the EFT and looked at its performance for entries.  Again this is what JO
 mentioned in one of his post.This very simple process opened my eyes to many indicators that I never would considered.  I think ICE is a great tool for giving you a starting point to building a system for a stock or EFT.  As I learn more about writing systems I can see using ICE's IntelliStop exit to work on just the trade entry section of any new system that I design.  I could even replace all of the Metastocks Performance System Plus exits with IntelliStop exit and then compare their trade entry performance.  (I don't think JO recommended the Performance Plus system pluggin.  I bought it before I joined the Metastock forum.  I liked it because it has some pre-built systems that I could examine.)As for JO's posts, I now copy all of them to a file on my hard drive.  I can then print out the file and read his post a few times offline.  He has a lot of knowledge and
 experience.  Sometimes just one of his casual comments can give you a big boost in your trading performance.I am sorry this message is so long but I am truly baffled that JO has received so much grief for contributing so much.  I really appreciate all that he has contributed.James PattersonTo unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor