[Metastockusers] Re: More Clayburg - Forward References

Roy,

Oops, I was talking system development in general, not to the
specific clayburg discussion in progress.

Yes, forward looking is not good. I am refering to for example, you
have a signal, ie MA crossover, but instead of acting on that signal
you delay entry to have a confirmation condition filled to validate
the first signal. So the correct thing to check for the first
condition using historical data. Ref( "condition",-3) for example.
ie the current bar closes above the first signal after a determined
amount of time.

The advantage being less whipsaws, but disadvantage being delay of
entry on a valid MA crossover that could have produced a larger
profit on this specific trade. The delay of entry to prevent whipsaws
can produce better results than the basic system over time. Whatever
that basic system is. Less trades taken until a new trend begins sort
of thing.

I suppose I am suggesting developers shoud experiment with time delay
to allow for additional condititions being met as enhancements to the
basic systems provided with metastock and available in most books.
Instead of this condition, that condition, all being true today.

Chris
TE user.

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx>

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511