[Metastockusers] Re: The Gann Thing

There are several software programs that are based on Gann,
Dynamic Trader 4, Advanced Get,MurreyMath just to name a few.

Metastock has the Gann Grid, Gann Fans, but I'll bet that nobody on
this forum even uses them, and if they do they probablly missuse
them.

Some of Gann's work is to square the High, Square the low, Square
the range, Square from 0.

Henry
--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "manohohman" <kelols@xxxx>

<martin@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > JO
> > You said it much more eloquently than me. Thank you.
> > Just to stick up for Gann a little and to continue the smoke
> analogy. Gann
> > was quite a mathematician.  The star alignment thing may have
been
> smoke and
> > mirrors!
> > Regards Martin

It's
> > > too bad more people don't get it.
> > >
> > > Now that being said, I started in TA 30 years ago writing
computer
> > > programs for finance professors who were looking for the
grail.
> They
> > > thought computers were going to do it for them. Then came
complex
> > > geometry, neural nets, chaos theory and fractals. Oh well,
those
> > > moving averages aren't looking for a place to hide. They know
who
> > > will still be around next year.
> > >
> > > You are right also in that some people are trying to predict
the
> > > direction of the smoke. I use the smoke to keep me out of the
> fire. I
> > > can read it well enough to do that. I can also tell where not
> > > stand to keep from choking.
> > >
> > > That has made me more money than all of my finance professors
put
> > > together, and that's good enough for me.
> > >
> > > If you can see what's right in front of you, you are one of
the
> few.
> > > I hope you are using that to your advantage. Some people are
too
> lazy
> > > to clean their glasses so they too can see.
> > >
> > > Whatever works! I think that's what you said. Good post.
> > >
> > > JO
> > >

> > > --- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Martin Blain"
> <martin@xxxx>
> trading
> > > stocks really pay off?
> > > this happens then I will do this and if that doesn't work I
will
> bail
> > > out here. The hardest part of this ( and maybe the easiest to a
> > > person smarter than me) is to explain why you cant quantify
> something
> > > that is basically random. Now don't get me wrong I didn't say
you
> > > cant use TA. I just don't believe that you can use the systems
in
> > > MS.  All this code and crap is just "something to aspire to"
all
> the
> > > while the information is right in front of you if you can see
> it.  So
> > > if you don't need the crap built in than don't waste your time
> > > reading the manual!

Whining

> > > menbers?

immediately?