[Metastockusers] Re: Indicator Extensions

I am sorry to hear that, Claud. I just bought a pcm 5GB card for $170
from Toshiba. They have a sale on them. They automatically back up
all of my trading data daily. My tape backup backs up my whole
computer every week. I can take my pcm card over to my laptop and all
my laptop data is up todate and insync with my desktop.

MS stores the indicators in MS80FORM.DTA  filehistory.dta
descriptions.dta and deschistory.dta  All of those files have to be
restored to get your indicators back.

Here's some other files you will want to restore also. ST_Data.mdb
MSWIN.GID equis.fot history.dta favorites.dta webres.dta  All of
these need to go under the general Metastock directory.

Those should put you pretty much back to where you were. Once you
have reloaded MS overwrite the files I've given you with your
previous data. You will also need to overwrite the Experts file
directory with your files from your experts directory, and you'll
need to overwrite the External DLLs file and the online trading dlls
with your old files.

I overwrite the External and online dlls because I have programs that
write dlls to those files and MS does not restore those on a reload.

It would be a little easier if the experts had names on them instead
of numbers. It would also be nice if MS automatically backed up key
files everyday. They have a backup directory for our health I guess.

If you have any problems, post, and I'll see what I can do.

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Claudb <claudb@xxxx> wrote:
> I recently had a major computer melt down and lost all programs.
NOT DATA.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511