[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: "ICE" issue in getting more than one OPT to run.

Metastockuser,

Depending on where and when you bought your version of MS, your
dealer should either send you the update or you should have the
update cd when you purchased it. Equis offers NO download of this
update, the cd is shipped. I would ask your dealer about it.

Help -> About Metastock should show you every digit of the installed
version (mine shows 'MetaStock Professionel 8.01').

I think you have two options until you updated to 8.01:

try JO's solution to see wether your system tester is set up
correctly (my guess is that ICE works with 8.0 too)

or download and use the version for 7.xx (however because the
systemtester is new designed for 8.xx I would not bet on it that this
works :-(   ).

Martin

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "metastockuser"
<metastockuser@xxxx> wrote:
> Martin,
>
>  A closer look at the Adaptick web site indicates that I must have
> Metastock 8.01.  When looking under "About Metastock" in the
Metastock

<praktikus@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Hello metastockuser
> >
> > there are two thoughts comming up in  my mind:
> >
> > 1) have you choosen the right version (7.xx or 8.xx) when you
> > installed it (I dont know if you get much useful if you set it
wrong
> > but that happened to me once with a different piece of software)?
> >
> > 2) do you have enough space on your HDD to perform the test?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Martin
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "metastockuser"
> > <metastockuser@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Ok folks.  I see that the ICE program looks as if he can help
me.
> > Not
> > > being math or programming competent, this make help bridge the
gap.

> > > I'm having a problem with ICE that I'm now trying to resolve.
> > >
> > > When I run an Ice simulation that uses the OPT feature.  It
only
> > runs
> > > one opt then stops.  The "view simulation" option is displayed,
and
> > > can view the single simulation which ran.
> > >
> > > I am able to run any number of optimzations against my own
> > simulations
> > > with no problem.
> > >
> > > When the Ice Opt Simulation begins, I can clearly see that it
> > > scheduled to run say 95 or whatever opt runs.  But in fact, it
looks
> > > as if only one runs and then only one displays.  The
optimization

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511