[Metastockusers] The Angle of a Line in MS

Hi everyone

I need to find a way to describe the angle at which a line is moving
in MS. For example,  consider a rising 30 period MA. Let's say that
for stock XYZ, the MA rises from 30 to 45 between January 1 and April
1. I could then take a ruler and draw a line between the the MA value
at Jan.1 and the MA value at April 1, generating a perfectly straight
line connecting the two points. This line would ascend at a
particular angle, the value of which could be defined according to
the same rules that govern the navigational system (i.e. this
particular line might be travelling upwards at i.e. 45 degrees NE...
(I hope I have the right idea about how compass bearings are
given!! :)

I need this because I want to build an indicator which says something
like this -

"Plot a 1 if Fml(XYZ)<20 and "the angle of descent of rsi(14)is
greater than xxx"

In plain text - stay out if rsi has been plunging recently, but go in
if it is drifting down.

I have been having some problems using the Rate of Change function to
accomplish this.

I have been trying to simulate this kind of thing using the absolute
change of the indicator and the percent change of the indicator, but
of course I must then write individual formulae for each data set I
want to analyze. I hope this request is clear. Any help  would be
appreciated.

Thanks, Nikku

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511