RE: [Metastockusers] Import from Excel

How can I export from Metastock to Excel for all stock not individually? Different from you talk about.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron [mailto:ronber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2003 8:57 AM
To: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Metastockusers] Import from Excel

Jay -

I think p.11 and following of the MS manual gives a method for LINKing
Excel spreadsheets and MS charts. The question as I read it is about
IMPORTing a ticker list from Excel into MetaStock and on to the
Favorites folder.

If the question is how to import DATA from Excel into MS, a complete
answer is given in the DownLoader manual p.80 and following.
If the question is how to get a ticker LIST from Execl into MS and on to
the Favorites folder:
see p.49 of the MS manual.

After you have a set of files in MS, use a list of those files against
which to run an exploration using no filter. The result set will be all
the tickers in the list. In the Explorer report, select all the tickers
right click and add to favorites.

I think I have it right. If not, it won't be the first or
(unfortunately) the last time.

Ron

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511