[EquisMetaStock Group] Systems Development & Futrues Magazine

There is a good article in this months Future's Magazine on system
development and how to do testing. It is worth reading.

By the way, some of the people interviewed praised MS's formula
language. That's contrary to what I hear on here.

The two book reviews were on Build Winning Trading Systems with
TradeStation by Pruitt and The Encyclopedia of Technical Market
Indicators by Colby.

I've read both of these books and I highly recommend them for the
experienced systems development person. If you can't program in MS
and are a novice at systems development, you'll be wasting your time
and money. But if you can program and have some system's development
experience, these two books are really good.

A lot of the TradeStation code can not be ported over to MS directly.
Some of the general system's building concepts, however, are very
useful.

According to Futures Truth, the five approaches used by the best
trading systems are;

Donchian Channels
Moving Average Crossovers
Short-Term volatility
S&P Day trade
Pattern Recognition

I've posted systems using three of those techniques and got dissed
for it. You can bet I won't bother again, but if you read the books I
mentioned you'll learn how some of those systems are developed, and
how you can use those approaches to improve your on systems. My best
systems, and everyday drivers, are based on a couple of these.

The only drawback I can see is dozens of posts wanting someone else
to write code to port the tradestation stuff to MS. I guess it's time
you learned to code your own stuff! A little trial and error, not to
mention thinking, does wonders.

JO

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511