From: manohohman [mailto:kelols@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 8:00 PM
To: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Metastockusers] Re: Updating Smart Charts, Charts and Layouts

The date function in MS is very complex. Here's the problem as far as
I've been able to work it out with Equis.

If you setup a chart and then go to the X-axis properties and request
more data for both display and loading, when you save the chart and
reopen it it may no longer update in real time.

If you make a template from that chart, or save it in a layout, the
lack of ability to update is transfered with it, so the the layout
and anything the template is used on won't update in real time after
the close of the market.

You have to set your load options and use whatever dates come up in
the chart. If you save it as a template or layout without messing
with the x-axis time periods, everything will up date correctly.

If you need to fiddle with the x-axis properties, you can but you
should close that chart without saving it and you shouldn't make
templates from it after you have messed with the X-axis.

I've lost a lot of work a couple of times due to this bug. Tech
support gives you a huge run around about retain scale, etc. That's
not the problem. The problem is the bug kicks in when you change the
x-axis properties. It freezes on the current date.

Unfortunatley there are no other work arounds other than don't mess
with those properties and once you have there's no way to fix it
except to redo your charts, layouts and templates.

JO

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ajhilker" <ajhilker@xxxx>
wrote:
> Why doesn't Metastock 8.01 automatically update the latest data?
> Everytime I open any one of the above types of charts It won't
update
> except for Smart Charts. That's because I have it set to ask for the
> dates to load. However, any System Tests will not be updated until
run
> a new test. This seems to be a little redundant. Am I missing
> something or is this a shortfall? Any suggestions?

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511