Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Commodity Data Services

Hi Jay,

I felt I had to respond to the
comparisons you're making between Data Tools (our futures data product) and
other data vendors (CSI/UA & Reuters)

> however, you state that> you include spot
prices, and you don't.

We include 28 spot prices - which is
about a third of the futures contracts we cover.  Hence why we allow people
to trial our services to see if it suits their needs.
<FONT
color=#000000>
> The UA/CSI rate for No.
> American (all that I trade) includes continuous contracts, and>
maintaines all historical contracts as well as spot for everything
> except OJ and lumber.  Reuters is even cheaper, but while their
spot> prices are extensive (grain prices for Coulee City and
Waterville,> for example), they are not as inclusive as UA/CSI.

> Added to that, UA> provides its own downloader and MetaStock
format as part of their> software, and that software makes corrections
for erroneous data that> exchanges always have.

Ours is native Metastock format and we also provide
corrections as well (these are handled by our own downloader program too).
Indeed we use multiple data sources for our data and where there are data
discrepancies between the feeds we investigate further and make these
corrections.  Without naming any names, sometimes even the "bigggest" data
vendors out there have poor data.  Poor data is worse than no data in my
opinion.  Our data is stored in individual contract, spliced continuous
contracts and back-adjusted continuous contracts too, with customisable roll
settings.

> Spot prices for each and every commodity are> essential to some
trading techniques and anyone who trades> commodities can improve their
trading by looking at the spot price of> the commodity they wish to
trade.

Acknowledged.

> The UA/CSI "up front" fee of about> $60 includes 10 years of
history for all commodities and spot> prices.&! nbsp; Plus, they been
named annually as having the cleanest> and most correct data.

We provide futures history back to 1978 on many
contracts and typically back to their inception on many others.  Our
futures data history is priced at AUD$70 (US$49) so I guess we're somewhat
competitive on that front since we have a small range of futures to
choose.

> I have not been a big fan of theirs in the> past, but since
their finally correcting an interface error with> MetaStock they meet my
needs better than any other service.  In my> opinion, your service
falls far short of UA/CSI, or even Reuters as> far as that
goes.

Thanks for your feedback Jay.  <FONT
color=#000000>I don't agree with all your comments about our product and perhaps
that shows that our website needs to be improved to show this more
clearly.  But you're more than welcome to
try out our products it if you become dissatisfied with your other data vendors
:-)

> And yes, I did make an error and think that the "free"
statement> applied to the data, and not the plug-in that you pointed to
at> another site.

It takes courage to admit publically that an
error was made.  Thanks for your honesty.

I also feel that my message here has approached or
overstepped the boundaries of blatantly promoting Norgate's data products
too, which is something I don't like to do.  However, I felt it necessary
to respond.

Cheers,Richard.Norgate Investor Services-
Premium Quality Stock and Futures Data for  Australian, Asian, European
& US Markets -<A
href="">www.premiumdata.net

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor