Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Metastock Advanced Trailing Stop plugin

I'd like the chance to resond to the
following:

> Your site says that Futures data is
$30 AU per month.  And your spot> markets are close to
nonexistent.  That doesn't sound either free or> adequate to
me!

> There is absolutely nothing at that
site to indicate that anything> other than DATA is being offered - for
sale.  Take a look at the> products and services list.  And it
is expensive as hell.  Equis is> much cheaper, offers real spot
prices, as does CSI.

CSI futures costs US$26.10 (North American) + US$45.00
(World Futures) = TOTAL US$71 per month if you pay annually.
We charge AUD $30 (about US$21) per month for all major
liquid futures contracts (about 85 contracts).  The spot prices provided
are relevant the futures contracts.  We don't aim to
provide data for every single market and every single commodity that's
available, rather just the ones that the majority of traders would be interested
in.

So, "expensive as hell", is really unjustified in my
opinion.

Ok, onto the plugin:

The links previous provided to the Metastock plugin were
to:
<A
href="">http://www.TraderNexus.com/

Sure, I've got a link back to my data site but nowhere does
it mention anything about it only working on our data.

In total I think I've spent several working days (say 30
hours) trying to figure out how to use the Metastock MDK, developing and
refining the Advanced Stop took maybe another 30 hours.  Just the website,
documentation, screenshots, preparing the installation routines (I had to
reinstall Metastock v7 to generate an installer), took me around 10 hours.
Oh yeah, the MDK cost me US$299 three years ago.

I've got a few more DLLs to release to overcome Metastock's
limitations in certain areas - the next one is for date related
operations.  And I intend to give them away free
too.

Why do I do this?  I use the DLLs in my own trading...
I'm also involved in several trading groups in Perth which operate on a
cost-recovery basis and are used to further the education of people out
there.  This is one way of me supporting the trading community.  I
also can't deny that a positive side-effect of people seeing and using
these plugins is that they might subscribe to data.  <SPAN
class=q0>However, I'm a firm believer that people can make their own decisions
on the data they want without people evangelising or pushing it down their
throat.  It's part of the reason that we allow people to trial our data
services online too without having to provide any money up-front.
<SPAN
class=q0><SPAN
class=q0><SPAN
class=q0>
Anyway, Jay, I know that you also contribute significantly
to the Metastock community in Canada, so I have not taken any offence to your
messages.  I believe if you treat people right it comes back to
benefit you in the long run.

Hopefully the above clears things up.

Cheers,Richard.Norgate Investor Services-
Premium Quality Stock and Futures Data for  Australian, Asian, European
& US Markets -<A
href="">www.premiumdata.net

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor