Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] MaxLocksperFile

I gradually raised mine.  It is now at 500,000 (WinXP) and I still get
occasionally the problem.

I have had the best results (fewest problems) by being dilligent in
discarding runs or exporting the results to EXCEL.  I realized that most of
the runs were not worth keeping and just a part of the development process.
So I export the results immediately to Excel, along with the description of
the system test/parameters were.  Then record my thoughts in Excel, like
"didn't work, looks like the trigger was too high, try using higher
trigger".  I found it helpful because you always tend to make some sort of
judgement immediately upon examining the results.   Plus once results are in
Excel you can perform statistics on the results that you can not do in
Metastock.  If you have recorded this, you can always rerun the system test.

I also run the Clean utility every few runs.