RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] beta

Chuck,  Thanks for the reply. I agree that 5 years is too long. The causes of beta change rapidly at times and over the last 5 years especially it has been radical.   I am trying to come up with a small universe of stocks to trade and I know that they should be close with respect to beta values.   How do you do it yourself.  I would do it if I knew how.  Thanks for the help. Marshall

-------Original Message-------

From: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, July 14, 2003 00:46:19
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] beta

IMO...

1.  The best place to get 5-year beta (the usually quoted value) for stocks would be Zack's.  Do a custom search and export to Excel.  If you need more info, yell out.

2.  The first question you need to ask, however, is what period do you think is best for beta.   I happen to think that 5 years is too long.

3.  If you agree that 5 years is too long, why not calculate your own, 100% accurate beta using MetaStock.

4.  If you decide on a period and you want a file containing current betas for that period and you aren't able to do it in MetaStock, let me know and I'll send it to you.

5.  The beauty of doing it yourself is that you can do it dynamically and the beta would change (slightly) every day of your backtest and be 100% accurate.

Hope this helps.

-----Original Message-----From: marshall [mailto:msmith3@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 1:21 AMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [EquisMetaStock Group] betaanyone know the best place to find the most current Beta values for stocks?  MarshallTo unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

____________________________________________________  IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor