[EquisMetaStock Group] comparison of systems

I have seen several comments lately about the "AmiBroker" system  compared to Metastock(v.8.01).  I have 8.01 and am a new user.  I looked carefully at systems prior to getting Metastock ,however, missed the Amibroker.  Metastock, to me takes for granted that you are accomplished at the language and formulae set-ups.  You almost need a Ph.D. in mathematics to deal with the formulation of new indicators or the addition of filters or testing systems.  All the explanations in the explorer are the same ,basically, for each buy and sell.  There are quite a few experts in the explorations ,but each will give you a different bias for the same stock chart.  I look at Amibroker and it is more user friendly, not as many indicators or systems,however, with Metastocks indicators and systems there is little to no interpretation so in my case it renders them useless to me at this time.  Most of the explorer buy and sell indications are buys going down and sells going up.  That is from back testing.  What good are they.  I have yet to have a profitable trade from they few I have tried.  The cost was high with Metastock because of its supposed superior rating. Amibroker is 1/4 the cost .  Metastock makes you buy the plug-ins and tells you they are the best thing since sliced bread. Well I tell you they are not. They are a lot of the same and that leaves a lot to be desired.  For the price we paid why should they have deleted the cream of the systems and indicators and explanations.  Someone mentioned that  equis knows little about trading. I agree.  They have little idea of the problems some of us are having using a $500. system. Do they care? no.  Amibroker charts are more vivid like TC2000.  Metastock has a lot to learn even from OmniTrader about Charting styles. TC2000 makes the charts jump out at you which makes it easier to see what you  have on the screen.  AmiBroker has the same image.  They give you  buy and sell indicators which have meaning and you do not have to sell your first born male child to develop and evaluate a system to get a response.   The last thing is that AmiBroker will take TC2000 data directly. I use TC 2000 data with Metastock and it takes almost 1 hour for me to download my different watchlists from TC2000 through the Downloader to Metastock. That is completely unacceptable.  As you can tell I am a little more than disappointed with the performance of Metastock so far.  Maybe it is because I have worked with it for only 2 months.  However, I feel Amibroker would have been a better system for me at this point in my trading .  I will catch flack for my comments, but I think they needed to be said.  What are some other opinions? MS

____________________________________________________  IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor