Re: [Metastockusers] Re: eBay & Equis

IMHO, based on my experience with Visicalc, Ashton Tate and Lotus,
this is the beginning of the end.  Time to move on, and time to
re-learn and master a newcomer.

We have all invested time and effort to master MS, and it will be hard
to let go, but like Visicalc, dBase, or 1-2-3 users, once moved, the
user never comes back.

I forecast 3-4 years, and MS as we know it will no longer exist.....
Remember Windows on Wall Street???

Time will tell.....

So, my lawyers advise me to state:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes
for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress,
non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice
holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the
religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your
choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or
traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or
secular traditions at all... and a fiscally successful, personally
fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of
the generally accepted calendar year 2003, but not without due respect
for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to
society have helped make America great (not to imply that America is
necessarily greater than any other country, and without regard to the
race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, or sexual
orientation of the wishee.

This wish is limited to the customary and usual good tidings for a
period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday
greeting, whichever comes first. "Holiday" is not intended to, nor
shall it be considered limited to the usual Judeo-Christian
celebrations or observances, or to such activities of any organized or
ad hoc religious community, group, individual or belief (or lack
thereof).

Note: By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This
greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal, and is revocable
at the sole discretion of the wisher at any time, for any reason or
for no reason at all. This greeting is freely transferable with no
alteration to the original greeting. This greeting implies no promise
by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for the wishee
her/himself or others, or responsibility for the consequences which
may arise from the implementation or non-implementation of same. This
greeting is void where prohibited by law.

-= Chris ß =-

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 12:13:41 -0600, Lionel wrote :

> I think Equis is spending too much time and money on the second hand
> market and not enough on improving their products. It may be Reuters,
> who own Equis, who are pushing this. Fortunately there are other
> analysis software that already compete with Metastock.

I disagree with the statement below. Witness what is happening to
ROXIO.  EZCD is going down the tubes, replaced by Nero and NTI.  The
hackers don't see any worth in EZCD, and that will be the same with
the real TA person.