Re: [Metastockusers] Multiple Explorations

Steve -

I think this may prove useful. I cheated. I looked it up in the Help
file by entering "multiple explorations":

 >>>There may be times when you wish to run more than one exploration on
the same list of securities, run an exploration on the results of
another exploration, or run several explorations on separate lists of
securities without having to start each exploration separately.  Each of
these scenarios is possible using the Multiple Explorations dialog.
To run more than one exploration, hold down the CTRL or SHIFT key while
selecting the explorations, then choose the Explore button from The
Explorer dialog.  The Multiple Explorations dialog will appear allowing
you to specify how each exploration is run.

The explorations are listed in numerical order.  Use the arrows to the
right of the list to change the order of the explorations.
Use the results from the preceding exploration.  Choose this option to
run each subsequent exploration on the results of the previous
exploration.  The first exploration uses the list of securities that you
selected in the Select Securities dialog (see Selecting Securities to
Explore).  If you have not yet selected a list of securities to be used
with this exploration, the Select Securities dialog will appear.

Use a single security list for all Explorations.  Choose this option to
run all explorations on the same list of securities.  If you have not
yet selected a list of securities to be used with these explorations,
the Select Securities dialog (see Selecting Securities to Explore) will
appear.
Use a separate security list for each Exploration.  This option allows
you to choose a separate list of securities for each exploration.  If
you have not yet selected a list of securities to be used with any of
these explorations, the Select Securities dialog (see Selecting
Securities to Explore) will appear with the name of the exploration you
are selecting securities for displayed in the title bar.

Automatically print results.  Check this box to send the exploration
results directly to your printer as each exploration is completed.
Print.  Click this button to select a printer.<<<

Enjoy the holiday.

Ron

Steve wrote:

> It's probably real simple, but I can't seem to find how to setup
> multiple explorations.  As soon as I set one up & start to run it, I
> can't get back into explorations until it's complete.  Help?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=219695.2777699.4140939.1927555/D=egroupweb/S=1705001779:HM/A=1370660/R=2/id=noscript/*http://www.ameritrade.com/offer.cgi?adc=fez&page=/>

> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

DVD Rentals with No Late Fees - Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/.ZSp6B/dlOFAA/46VHAA/zMEolB/TM