[Metastockusers] Re: p-Indicator

Thanks Lionel,

I've been using ProSearch for a while. I trade e-mini futures and
QQQ's lately. My trading tools include Tradestation, Metastock
(always my favorite common sense tool), TC2000 and Advanced Get. I
bought APS from tradingpatterns.com a few months ago for about
$1,300. It has made me more money than all the other programs
combined and more. It works the other way, you set up a screen with
the historical back-testing results you desire and the program finds
the Metastock code for patterns having such performance. It's cool!

The p-Indicator was to be add-on for a future release but I know Mike
Harris is using that in his proprietary trading and he won't probably
release the code for a while. That's why I'm trying to code it myself
based on the info in his book. Well, I may as well hire a programmer
for that. It's to complicated for me. I hate excel...Thanks anyway.

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lionel Issen" <lissen@xxxx>
wrote:
> There is a book  "Good Fiction Guide" that was edited by a Mike
Harris.
> Is this the same person?
>
> What I saw at tradingpatterns.com seems similar to the Prosearches
that
> are available at www.wallstreetcity.com, for a fee of course.
however
> every day they show the results of a search.
>
> You can also do some of these searches using Quotes Plus and TC2000.
> Prosearch and TC2000 seem easier to use than Quotes Plus.These 3
> programs are cheaper than tradingpatterns. Demos are available.
>
> Just remember, the value of information is rarely correlated with
its
> price.
>
> Lionel

Mike
> Harris (www.tradingpatterns.com) I bought his book but it seems
very
> hard to code it in Matastock. I wonder if someone has developed a
> plug-in or know of a TA package calculating it. Apparently,
> tradingpatterns.com is not releasing it because it's being used for
> proprietary trading I was told.
>
> Thanks
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=219695.2777699.4140939.1927555/D=egroupweb/S=17