[Metastockusers] Re: Indicator?

Dick,

Ok. Thanks for the info.

Harold

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "rdb" <rdb104@xxxx> wrote:
> I haven't posted much as I've come full circle in my trading
techniques..Simple for me is better as I found that
> many indicators didn't seem to increase my success rate and usually
gave conflicting signals anyway..
> I have become a manager of the trade rather than a predictor..
> I found I  was married to the pc and didn't think this was the way
to spend retirement so day trading is out most of the time..
> Having said that when I was day or position trading I would
eliminate stocks that didn't have an ATR of  at least $1.00..
> These were stocks over $20.00...If I got into lower priced issues I
would take the range (not ATR) for each of the last 7 sessions, add
together and
> divide by 7 and make sure the price varied at least 3%..I also
would make sure the volume exceeded 700,000 shares per day on
average..

> In MS you can create an indicator that plots ATR in the same way
that OBV is done..

> Cum(If(C>Ref(C,-1),+ATR(1), If(C<Ref(C,-1),-ATR(1),0)))
>
> I then used to plot a 9 day EMA on that and look for crossovers..
> See if that offers any value to your trading techniques..worked
best at extremes as I remember..

> Sorry but now I'm very basic looking at previous day lows or weekly
lows for entry and buying as close to those as I can in
> the direction of the higher timeframe..
>
> I use Quotesplus for data and they have a good scanning program
to  reduce  my candidates for trading..
> If I ever did swing trading I didn't know it<g>. There is never one
answer when it comes dealing with a lot of randomness..

> Dick.

Service.