[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Bloomberg data for metastock

Hi,

If you save the data in this format it does not matter what file
extension you use.  Make sure when you are saving the files you use
the ticker or stock name as the file name then .asc after I use .stk
and that works fine.

E.g. for japanese stocks my files are like this:  1601.stk, 1925.stk

The data format in the file should look like this:

021212,438,445,436,445,34000
yymmdd,open,high,low,close,volume

Save all files in the same directory then open the downloader click
convert, select ascii text, browse for the files to convert and click
OK. Don't add a ticker when asked the file names become the ticker.

Other than that you can save as .csv (spreadsheet) (in
open,high,low,close,volume order) from bloomberg, create a new
security in the downloader, put the start date in the new file
manually then copy the data from excel and paste into new file.  This
is a longer process but is always a fail safe way to get data in.

Cheers

Vaughan