Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Formulas for divergence

Preston,

I appreciate the warning on using divergence signals.
What you wrote is true in most of the charts I have
seen, and I agree with the opinion that it should be
used as a warning indicator, but with another trigger
for sell...like a 30-Day Weighted MA or a 30 Week
Weighted MA. Then again, divergence may not be useful
as the warning can go on for weeks or months before
the final pop.

But it seemed to work rather well in picking
temporarly bottoms..like on 9th Oct 2002 for DJI. The
divergence in the Stoch Momentum Index for DJI (as
well as in IXIC in Oct 2002 told of the BUY signal for
the impending bull run that lasted for 8 weeks.

Maybe it is probably due to these reasons, there are
not many divergence formulas out there in the
internet.

Can you name the hardcore TA websites you mentioned
for the benefit of those who are new?

Alex