[Metastockusers] Re: v8.0 Tester ?

Well, after much experimentation, I was able to perform the limit
order as I had setup:

1.  Buy 1 bar delay after a buy signal,
2.  Buy the Open less a 0.25 point tick.

First, the "BUY" formula must be referenced from the current bar as:
ref("BUY"),-1).

Second, the "OPEN-0.25" as a limit is placed into the limit section
of the buy.

Third, the limit does not have any strategic delay (NOTE: the
strategic delay will only delay x minutes in the SAME bar (ie 1 dealy
in a 5 minute bar will delay the order 1 minute, 2 will delay 2
minutes, etc. up to 5).  You CANNOT delay x bars with this function.

Fourth, the simulation needs to be set for execution on "OPEN with NO
delay".

This setup works!

Bob

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe J." <jojab@xxxx> wrote:
> Bob,
>
> I haven't done what you're describing (limits on the open of a
trade)
> but I have used them to close trades.
>
> Try checking the box to delay the order by 1 bar in the system
tester.
> Then in your buy formula try using the following:
>
> Barssince("Your Long Condition") < 3 {length of time you want your
limit
> order open for}
> and
> Low <= ValueWhen(1, "Your Long Condition", close - .50) {tells it
to buy
> if you are .50 below the close of the signal bar}
>
> Then in the bottom part where you check "limit", copy and paste all
of
> the above but put the conditions above in an "IF" formula like
this:

> If(
> Barssince("Your Long Condition") < 3 and
> Low <= ValueWhen(1, "Your Long Condition", close - .50),
> ValueWhen(1, "Your Long Condition", close - .50), 10000000)
>
> In this last part you are saying "if" my conditions are met, then
buy it
> at the close of the buy signal bar - .50, else buy it at 10000000
(which
> will never fire off).
>
> Good Trading,
>
> Joe J.