[Metastockusers] Re: Intraday data - eSignal vs Qcharts

I solved my problem with the eSignal data feed and thought other
users might be interested.  By starting over and installing one
software at a time, I determined that the McAfee Firewall is
incompatible with eSignal's Winros.exe application.  McAfee Viruscan
is fine, no problems with Winros.exe.  Once I uninstalled the McAfee
Firewall and installed the free ZoneAlarm firewall, everything works
fine.

I note on the Qcharts group that the same type of problems occur
there, so it's apparently a common problem with Windows
applications.  I'd have to agree with other recommendations to have a
separate computer for trading applications (MetaStock and direct
access software), and keep everything else on another computer.  I
look forward to the day when I can do that.

Gary

--- In Metastockusers@xxxx, "Pablo Paolucci" <micro@xxxx> wrote:
> I know a guy that had a problem with qcharts  metastock 8, the
problem was
> in his internet connection, he format the disc and everything
worked form
> that moment on, his problem was in the qcharts dll
>
> Bye

MetaStock,
Win98