[Metastockusers] Re: GM, Wyckoff & PnF

Harold

Very interesting...will have to read very carefully just to digest
this Wycoff method....as I know nothing about it...although have
heard it mentioned before...but few initial observations on P & F

Horizontal count = intermediate price objective
Vertical count = ultimate or final price - rather than intermediate
projection.

Horizontal count depends on the base/top formation. For price
objective one must locate the lines with 'most recordings (lines
with least no unoccupied) where count may be taken...

So if I am right interpreting the red box on your P & F chart then
that is your chosen location for horizontal count??....Could you
have taken the horizontal count objective at 36 perhaps...then all
the boxes are occupied...???...a question...

In P & F you can I think just scroll thru all the charts scanning
for a pattern..if found then seek confirmation etc..with RSI MACD
and many others...

In P & F charts volume plays no part at all....!!!

Also the trenlines are always at 45 degrees (although there are
exceptions) must be plotted at precise locations...and these are
your guidelines..

regards

anil

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/hcour/vwp?.dir=/&.dnm=Auto+Manufacturing.G

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/hcour/vwp?.dir=/&.dnm=GM+Daily.GIF&.src=ph
&

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/hcour/vwp?.dir=/&.dnm=GM+PnF.GIF&.src=ph&;.
> iew=t&.hires=t
>

> Much interest has been expressed about PnF charts here lately. I'm
> fairly new to PnF. I use the Wyckoff method which is a little
> different than other methods. For instance, Wyckoff uses a
horizontal
> count, you can have X's and O's in the same column, and a column
must
> have at least 2 entries. It is also used in conjunction w/other
> Wyckoff principles, such as the Selling/Buying Climax, the
Secondary
> Test, Upthrusts and Shakeouts and so on. I'll explain some of
these
> concepts using a current trade.
>
> Wyckoff is a bottom/top feeder. Using the scan I talked about in
an
> earlier post which finds groups that are gathering positive upside
> momentum in both price and relative strength, I look for stocks
w/in
> those groups that are exhibiting good Wyckoff price/volume
behavior
> after a possible selling climax. In this instance the Auto - Major
> Manufacturer group was positive. Chart included.
>
> Looking at the GM daily chart. Preceeding a SC is usually
Preliminary
> Support (PS). The PS may later act as important support/resistance
in
> the subsequent range, as it does here. A SC usually occurs on
> excessive volume after a prolonged decline. Note the extremely
high
> down vol in GM on 10/8 & 10/9, the very sharp down move, and the
long
> spreads closing on the lows. A classic possible SC. I
say "possible"
> because a SC must first be confirmed by a test to validate it.
>
> The SC is followed by the Automatic Reaction, AR, which is a sharp
> rally usually lasting a week or two. The SC and AR define the
trading
> range and everything that happen afterwards is measured against
the
> low and high of this range. The AR occurs because supply has been
(at
> least temporarily) exhausted during the SC and the question now
> becomes: Will the pro's step in to support the low or will selling
> continue? Note the very high down vol on 10/16 (circled). This is
> actually a very positive sign because there is no immediate follow-
> thru to the downside. In fact price holds above the 50% level of
the
> range for the following 9 bars. The 50% level is familiar to many
> traders and is a crucial level of any rally/reaction.
>
> On 10/30 & 10/31 we have the Secondary Test. Again, classic
Wyckoff,
> occuring on much lower vol than the SC (the selling is drying up)
and