[Metastockusers] Re: Digest Number 582

What did you learn in Tom Dorsey's workshop???...

Did you do any realtime trading in that workshop????

anil

--- In Metastockusers@xxxx, Debra Ann Petitan <drdap@xxxx> wrote:

> I have been reading about Point and Figure Charting with the hope
of using it in addition to Candlestick Charting.
> I attended on of Tom Dorsey's workshops.
> Why do you like this system so much?
> Debra Ann
>  Metastockusers@xxxx wrote:To unsubscribe from this group, send an
email to:

-----

> There are 16 messages in this issue.
>
> Topics in this digest:
>
> 1. Re: Re: Bugs in Metastock Ver 8.0 EOD
> From: "Nick Channon"
> 2. Re: Bugs in Metastock Ver 8.0 EOD
> From: "anilkeshavji"
> 3. Learning Forex trading
> From: "fromstar2001"
> 4. Re: Learning Forex trading
> From: "Preston Umrysh"
>
> 5. Re: Bugs in Metastock Ver 8.0 EOD
> From: "hcour"
> 6. Re: Re: Bugs in Metastock Ver 8.0 EOD
> From: -= Chris ß =-
> 7. Re: Re: Stock Potential
> From: "Roy Larsen"
> 8. Re: Bugs in Metastock Ver 8.0 EOD
> From: "anilkeshavji"
> 9. Re: Re: Bugs in Metastock Ver 8.0 EOD
> From: -= Chris ß =-
> 10. Correlation Exploration?
> From: "hcour"
> 11. Re: Correlation Exploration?
> From: -= Chris ß =-
> 12. Re: Bugs in Metastock Ver 8.0 EOD
> From: "anilkeshavji"
> 13. Metastock Ver 8.0 System Tester
> From: "-= DaBiz =-"
> 14. Re: Metastock Ver 8.0 System Tester
> From: Lars Widlund
> 15. Re: Correlation Exploration?
> From: "hcour"
> 16. Re: parabolic involutes
> From: Dan C

___

___

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:43:00 +0800
> From: "Nick Channon"
> Subject: Re: Re: Bugs in Metastock Ver 8.0 EOD
>
> Hi Anil,
>
> I was interested in your comments (below) about P&F charting and
the
> Indexia/Technical Analyst software - so I'm running the free trial
on it.
> However, so far I cannot see much difference in the charts in
comparison to
> Metastock, except for as you say the vertical/horizontal counts.
It does not
> seem to include pattern recognition on P&F charts.
>
> Could you kindly tell me some of the differences? I am genuinely
interested,
> since I want to learn more about P&F charting in general.
>
> Many thanks,
> Nick

Analyst....both
> > written by a CMT in London called jeremy Du Plessis....he is an
> > authority on point & figure charting techniques...and i found
that
> > there was an error in patterns...indexia and technical analyst
are
> > probably only the accurate charting for p &f that is
avilable...box
> > setting of 1 is also possible with that
> >
> > Unfortunately p& f in metastock is just a gimmick....they could
have
> > included vertical and horizontal counts and better trendline
> > facility....pattern recognition etc...like candle charts
> >
> > i wonder if anyone on this site uses p & f charting?????..
> >
> > it would be useful to know if anyone has solved the vertical and
> > horizontal count feature in metastock???
> >
> > regards
> >
> > anil
> >

> > --- In Metastockusers@xxxx, Ong Hock Choon wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I had discovered these bugs in Metastock:
> > >
> > > 1. P&F chart cannot display when price is lower than $1. This
> > problem
> > > does not happen when charting price above $1. After much
exchange
> > of
> > > email with their tech support, Equis had acknowledged this is a
> > bug in
> > > the software.
> > >
> > > 2. Custom Tool Bar display problem. When custom tool bar
consist
> > of all
> > > template icons and when you first start up Metastock without
> > opening any
> > > chart, it will not only shrink itself but all other tool bar on
> > the same
> > > vertical or horizontal edge to the extend that it cannot be
click.
> > > Display will become proper once you open a chart, and will
stay in
> > this
> > > proper manner even after the chart is closed.
> > >
> > > Equis tech support claims that this is the way Metastock is
> > designed to
> > > work. (ya, great consistency and great improvement from
previous
> > > version)
> > >
> > > What make me more up set is: I had reported these bugs and at
> > first the
> > > tech support claimed that they have "tested both issues I
reported
> > and
> > > it worked perfectly in their MetaStock 8.0". Instead of
admitting
> > they
> > > ask me to do many other things. Only after much exchange and
> > sending
> > > them many screen shots, then they admit that the P&F problem
is a
> > bug,
> > > and claim that the custom tool bar is the way Metastock is
design
> > > work.
> > >
> > > I wonder anyone has similar experience in dealing with Equis
tech
> > > support?
> > > --
> > >
> > > Regards.
> > >
> > > Ong Hock Choon
> > > hcong168@xxxx

___

___

> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 16:21:27 -0000
> From: "anilkeshavji"
> Subject: Re: Bugs in Metastock Ver 8.0 EOD
>
> Hi Nick
>
> It is always good to hear from someone who is interested in P &
> F....as many of my friends ONLY use this most of the time and with
> uncanny accuracy...
>
> I checked couple of securities using 1 box reversal count...now
this
> is where the difference between boys and men will be obvious...the
> difference was obvious with metastock and TA...
>
> In P & F charts the trendlines are drawn at 45 degrees and it is
> very specific the way it is drawn...that is missing in metastock...
>
> vertical and horizontal counts are available in TA but not in
> metastock....these counts are the most basic requirement of P & F
as
> that is all what the charting is about i.e the projectile
> value...otherwise what do you do with P & F charts...???
>
> For serious user of P & F metastock is not the right
tool...however
> one thing i have been lookng at is to see if there is a way to
> programme pattern recognition in metastock P & F charts....like
> double top reversal, double top continuation...etc etc as listed
in
> Kermit Zeig's and Carroll D Aby Jr's books...Have not been too
> sucessful so far...
>
> TA's P & F will be the most accurate charts that will be avilable
on
> any programme as Jeremy is an authority on the subject and a
> perfectionist...So TA is a must for P & F...metastock for possible
> pattern recognition programming if possible.
>
> However once masterered you can scan through 100 charts in few
mins
> as only think you are looking for is the patterns....times
occuring
> and times profitable...i.e pattern B7 in Kermit Zeig's book occurs
> 3.9% of times and is 92% of times profitable...!!!
>
> Hope this answers the quesries...although i consider myself
> as 'moron' when it comes to P & F as it is a vast subject...
>
> regards
>
> anil
> --- In Metastockusers@xxxx, "Nick Channon" wrote:
> > Hi Anil,
> >
> > I was interested in your comments (below) about P&F charting and
> the
> > Indexia/Technical Analyst software - so I'm running the free
trial
> on it.
> > However, so far I cannot see much difference in the charts in
> comparison to
> > Metastock, except for as you say the vertical/horizontal counts.
> It does not
> > seem to include pattern recognition on P&F charts.
> >
> > Could you kindly tell me some of the differences? I am genuinely
> interested,
> > since I want to learn more about P&F charting in general.
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > Nick

___

___

> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:32:41 -0000
> From: "fromstar2001"
> Subject: Learning Forex trading
>
> Hi, i am trying to explore forex systems on the Internet in order
> gain preliminary experience before venturing into real-life
trading.
> So far i have come up with the following results that i present
here
> for your consideration:
> tradestation.com--an interesting design, but i do not see how i
can
> open an account there without being charged about 100$ a month.
> gaincapital.com--not a bad site,but i would like to see more of
> graphic analysis there.
> oanda-one of my favorites--combines graphic analysis and running
> quotes+you can open a demo account there.
> dukascopy.com--my champion. The system is free for use and as far
as
> i understand does not intend to create paid accounts and has
> educating users as its purpose. They apply quantum physics methods
in
> technical analysis and claim that they found the way to outsmart
the
> system. Their trading system is simple, transparent and at the
same
> time very powerful. What i liked best about them is their
> interactive trading examples that teach people forex fundamentals.
> Has anyone tried these systems out? Do you have any other systems
on
> your mind?

___

___

> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 18:54:09 -0000
> From: "Preston Umrysh"
>
> Subject: Re: Learning Forex trading
>

> http://fxgame.oanda.com/
>
> --- In Metastockusers@xxxx, "fromstar2001" wrote:
> > Hi, i am trying to explore forex systems on the Internet in
order
> > gain preliminary experience before venturing into real-life
> trading.
> > So far i have come up with the following results that i present
> here
> > for your consideration:
> > tradestation.com--an interesting design, but i do not see how i
can
> > open an account there without being charged about 100$ a month.
> > gaincapital.com--not a bad site,but i would like to see more of
> > graphic analysis there.
> > oanda-one of my favorites--combines graphic analysis and running
> > quotes+you can open a demo account there.
> > dukascopy.com--my champion. The system is free for use and as
far
> as
> > i understand does not intend to create paid accounts and has
> > educating users as its purpose. They apply quantum physics
methods
> in
> > technical analysis and claim that they found the way to outsmart
> the
> > system. Their trading system is simple, transparent and at the
> same
> > time very powerful. What i liked best about them is their
> > interactive trading examples that teach people forex
fundamentals.
> > Has anyone tried these systems out? Do you have any other
systems
> on
> > your mind?

___

___

> Message: 5
> Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 19:21:42 -0000
> From: "hcour"
> Subject: Re: Bugs in Metastock Ver 8.0 EOD
>
> I'm also very interested in PnF charting as I am big on Wyckoff
and
> he used them extensively - horizontal counts and one box
reversals.
> I'm planning to purchase an add-on program for MS called
XLChartPro
> which creates PnF charts using Excel and MS data. Looks pretty
> impressive to me and very reasonably priced. You might want to
check
> it out:
>
> http://www.xlchartpro.iinet.net.au/index.html
>
> Harold

___

___

> Message: 6
> Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 14:43:34 -0500
> From: -= Chris ß =-
> Subject: Re: Re: Bugs in Metastock Ver 8.0 EOD
>
> The PnF, "par excellence":
>
> http://www.archeranalysis.com/beb/index.html
>
> The PnF, true to form:
>
> http://www.ez-pnf.com/
>
> -= Chris ß =-
> Using FastTrack/FastRUBE/FastTools/Trade/EZ-PnF/PSM/Amibroker
> FastBreakPro/SpeedResearch/Agent
>
> On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 19:21:42 -0000, you wrote:
>
> > I'm also very interested in PnF charting....
> >
> > http://www.xlchartpro.iinet.net.au/index.html

___

___

> Message: 7
> Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:00:23 +1300
> From: "Roy Larsen"
> Subject: Re: Re: Stock Potential
>
> Anil
>
> > So what are the significant differences between eod and real
> > time...??? if there were five points that you would rate as
> > significant difference what would they be...????
> >
> > TIA
>
> I don't use MS Pro so I'm not able to answer this question
accurately.

> Roy

___

___

> Message: 8
> Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 20:33:03 -0000
> From: "anilkeshavji"
> Subject: Re: Bugs in Metastock Ver 8.0 EOD
>
> Good sites chaps....also see the following site and product by
Dave
> Baker in UK...
>
> Very good package but is written in VB I think...
>
> http://www.pfscan.com/
>
> http://www.traders.com/Reprints/PDF_reprints/PF_PFSCAN.pdf
>
> regards
>
> anil
>

> --- In Metastockusers@xxxx, -= Chris ß =- wrote:
> > The PnF, "par excellence":
> >
> > http://www.archeranalysis.com/beb/index.html
> >
> > The PnF, true to form:
> >
> > http://www.ez-pnf.com/
> >
> > -= Chris ß =-
> > Using FastTrack/FastRUBE/FastTools/Trade/EZ-PnF/PSM/Amibroker
> > FastBreakPro/SpeedResearch/Agent
> >
> > On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 19:21:42 -0000, you wrote:
> >
> > > I'm also very interested in PnF charting....
> > >
> > > http://www.xlchartpro.iinet.net.au/index.html

___

___

> Message: 9
> Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:00:04 -0500
> From: -= Chris ß =-
> Subject: Re: Re: Bugs in Metastock Ver 8.0 EOD
>
> Thanks for the addition Anil. Added to my bookmarks.
>
> On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 20:33:03 -0000, you wrote:
>
> > Good sites chaps....also see the following site and product by
Dave
> > Baker in UK...
> >
> > http://www.pfscan.com/

___

___

> Message: 10
> Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 22:12:32 -0000
> From: "hcour"
> Subject: Correlation Exploration?
>
> I would like to find stocks that have high correlations to their
> respective indices. For instance stocks that have a .80 or better
> correlation to the .IXIC (Nasdaq).
>
> Is this possible and if so, could one of you MS geniuses show me
how
> to do it?
>
> Thanks,
> Harold

___

___

> Message: 11
> Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:39:05 -0500
> From: -= Chris ß =-
> Subject: Re: Correlation Exploration?
>
> Harold,
>
> FastTrack will do that very quickly. As a matter of fact, that is
one
> of it's main feature.
>
> see: www.fasttrack.net
>
> -= Chris ß =-
> Using FastTrack/FastRUBE/FastTools/Trade/EZPnF/PSM/AmiBroker
> FastBreakPro/SpeedResearch/Agent
> (Moved from MSP to AmiB, and never looked back!)
>
> On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 22:12:32 -0000, you wrote:
>
> > I would like to find stocks that have high correlations to their
> > respective indices. For instance stocks that have a .80 or
better
> > correlation to the .IXIC (Nasdaq).

___

___

> Message: 12
> Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:25:45 -0000
> From: "anilkeshavji"
> Subject: Re: Bugs in Metastock Ver 8.0 EOD
>
> Nick
>
> I forgot to mention one point...if you are using trial run of
Updata
> TA then when in P & F chart, just type 'V' for vertical
count...that
> [...]
> >
> > anil
> > --- In Metastockusers@xxxx, "Nick Channon" wrote:
> > > Hi Anil,
> > >
> > > I was interested in your comments (below) about P&F charting
and
> > the
> > > Indexia/Technical Analyst software - so I'm running the free
> trial
> > on it.
> > > However, so far I cannot see much difference in the charts in
> > comparison to
> > > Metastock, except for as you say the vertical/horizontal
counts.
> > It does not
> > > seem to include pattern recognition on P&F charts.
> > >
> > > Could you kindly tell me some of the differences? I am
genuinely
> > interested,
> > > since I want to learn more about P&F charting in general.

Experts
> on 5, 10, 15, 30, 60 ... Minutes but on version 8 i can´t choose
this...
> Any hint?
> Thanks

___

___

> Message: 14
> Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 12:22:47 +0100
> From: Lars Widlund
> Subject: Re: Metastock Ver 8.0 System Tester
>
> I thought that was possible in version 8. I will ask a person here
i Sweden
> how sells Metastock 8. Perhaps he now how to do this.
>
> Lars
>

> At 11:14 2002-11-22 +0000, you wrote:
> >Well i have a Tick Database and i want to use system tester and
Experts
> >on 5, 10, 15, 30, 60 ... Minutes but on version 8 i can´t choose
this...
> >Any hint?
> >Thanks

> >Yahoo! Terms of Service.