[Metastockusers] Re: Correlation Exploration?

Hi Roy:

Thanks for the info.

Here's what Here's what I was able to establish by typing one letter
or number at a time and let MS tell me what's next:

Mov(Correl(Mov(P,13,E),Mov(C,13,E),2,0),100,E).

Notice, I was not able to keep the ...13,E) right after what would've
been the SPY directory.

Thanks,

Dominick

--- In Metastockusers@xxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx> wrote:
> Dominick
>
> You can use this sort of code in an MS EOD exploration if you first open
> your reference index (or stock) chart, mark the chart (highlight
it), and
> substitute "P" or "INDICATOR" for "Security("C:\metastock data\spy",C)".
> Also be aware that CLOSE is the only price you can pick up from an
index (or
> stock) unless you first create a separate indicator for one or more
one of
> the other prices (O,H,L) then drop that on the chart and mark it
instead of
> the base chart.
>
> Another way to select a different price would be to drop a 1 period
SMA onto
> the chart selecting the required price, then mark the SMA so that it is
> picked up by the P (INDICATOR) function.
>
> Roy
>
> > Hi Joe:
> >
> > I tried your formula but it came back as "This function ia available
> > only in MS Pro.
> >
> > Any chance of writing one for verf 7.2 EOD.??
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Dominick
> >

> > --- In Metastockusers@xxxx, "Joe J." <jojab@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Harold,
> > >
> > > Here is a correlation formula I used to try and find out how
stocks were
> > > correlated to the SPY.  Obviously, you could replace the SPY
with your
> > > .IXIC or the QQQ for that matter.
> > >
> > > I decided to see how the 13 periods EMA's of the two correlated
rather
> > > than doing a straight correlation thinking this might smooth out
one or
> > > two day swings, here and there.
> > >
> > > I put this in Col A then used the filter to weed out stocks that
didn't
> > > have good average daily volume and meet a certain price range.
Then I

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=219695.2596658.3969980.1927555/D=egroupweb/S=1705

001779:HM/A=1226184/R=0/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/N879.ameritrade.

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=219695.2596658.3969980.1927555/D=egrou
> > > pmail/S=:HM/A=1226184/rand=512120737>

> > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service

·FREE Health Insurance Quotes-eHealthInsurance.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/1.voSB/RnFFAA/46VHAA/zMEolB/TM