[Metastockusers] Re: P & F Chart with vertical count

Hi Nick

> Anil, do you get intraday charts successfully in Updata Technical
>Analyst?

Yes I do...however I tend not to use intraday charts in P & F...I
use then for mid to long term scenario...occassionally use them for
short term...but am testing that...

> My trial version cannot seem to display them, and I'm getting no
>support response at all from them.

You will get patchy response from Updata...and that is the crux of
matter with them.....on days they are eager and on days they appear
to be dozing in 'day after night before' syndrome...Have given them
a lot of flak for that....I organise a get together in London with
few ex indexia users and we meet 3 monthly intervals and dicuss
trading, ivestment and generally meaning of life!!!over beers and
curries etc!!!...and we all agree that Updata need to get their
fingers out....

> I wrote to Metastock support to ask them if it's possible to
>create explorations based on P&F charts - unfortunately the reply
>was "It is not possible to create explorations based on points and
>figures, Renko ...". I guess the same is true of expert signals.
>This is kind of surprising since PFScan etc. shows that it is
>perfectly feasible....

They were quite prepared to write this for me...for a price and they
couldn't give my any estimate...it was like open cheque book
scenario so i did not pursue it further....

> Since we have a good P&F thread going, I'd like to ask group
>members for their experience with P&F charting - have you find that
>it gives worthwhile signals? Have you found the price targets
>accurate?

Yes very accurate....backtesting will give you amazing results

>Any 'best way to use them' tricks of the trade you'd like to share?

Yes they must be used in particular way....read Kermit Zeig and
Carroll D Aby Jr's books.....Best thing is to read documents
avilable with PSScan...some very useful material there...

regards

anil

ˇFREE Health Insurance Quotes-eHealthInsurance.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/1.voSB/RnFFAA/46VHAA/zMEolB/TM