[Metastockusers] Re: Correlation Exploration?

Some very interesting results here. I ran Joe's scan against the QQQ.
>From the Oct low, the QQQ has gone from about 20 to 28. NATI, which
has a correlation to the QQQ of +.84, rose from 20 to 36 in the same
time period. TMCS, also a correlation of +.84, went from 13 to 27.
MERQ, corr +.88, from 15 to 35. ACTL, corr +.89, from 10 to 20. And
USAI, corr +.90, from 15 to 30.

So a possibility would be to find such proxies for the QQQ and trade
them for more substantive gains. Measuring their performace against
the QQQ during the holding period could also be useful.

I'm wondering, in order to find those highly correlated stocks which
will have the potential to make greater gains than the QQQ, such as
these examples, what kind of scan would one run to measure against
the QQQ: ROC, Volatility,...?

Harold

ˇFREE Health Insurance Quotes-eHealthInsurance.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/1.voSB/RnFFAA/46VHAA/zMEolB/TM