RE: [Metastockusers] Re: Correlation Exploration?

Harold,

Here is a correlation formula I used to try and find out how stocks were
correlated to the SPY.  Obviously, you could replace the SPY with your
.IXIC or the QQQ for that matter.

I decided to see how the 13 periods EMA's of the two correlated rather
than doing a straight correlation thinking this might smooth out one or
two day swings, here and there.

I put this in Col A then used the filter to weed out stocks that didn't
have good average daily volume and meet a certain price range.  Then I
simply clicked to sort on the report so I could see the most highly down
to least correlated.

>From this, you should be able to do what you are looking to do.  You
just have to tell it which security you are using as the base and where
to find it.

Mov(
Correl(
 Mov(